Get certified to train and coach using the Dynamic Movement Skills™ training system. Attendees will learn how to work with individuals or groups of various ages and abilities – from 5 year-olds to elite athletes. It will cover the fundamental movements universal to all 3 training concepts (Kids, Speed & Rehab) with a focus on the Kids and Speed training concepts.
This course will provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the background, research, coaching methodology and practical applications of Dynamic Movement Skills™.
It is a very practical-based course with lots of physical participation in order that applicants can fully understand the physical effects and benefits of this training system.
** To learn rehabilitation methods using DMS, this is covered on the Movement Re-Patterning for Rehabilitation course
- Understand the research behind DMS
- Understand the theory of movement re-education, development of gross motor skills & training the nervous system
- Understand the current problems with movement in adults and children
- Gain an understanding of dominant & non-dominant development
- Understand the theory and practical application of plyometrics
- Demonstrate and coach DMS Fundamental Movements
- Observe, correct and test movement inefficiencies
- Lead a coaching session for both individuals and groups
- Learn to coach kids’ movement
- Learn to coach speed for athletes
- Learn to develop gross motor skills, co-ordination, agility, quick feet & dynamic balance in children and adults
- Provide safe and effective warm-up and cool down procedures for a DMS session