Get certified to train and coach using the Dynamic Movement Skills™ Upper Body training system. The DMS Upper Body Module has been developed to progress patients and athletes with Upper body restrictions, injuries and pain. We go through a series of movement patterns designed to improve mobility, transmission time and firing sequence of the Central Nervous System to improve functional movement and correct inefficient movement patterns. The progression is from basic Movement re-education to functional neuromotor stimulation and then to dynamic movement.
This course will provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the background, research, coaching methodology and practical applications of Dynamic Movement Skills™ Upper Body.
It is a very practical-based course with lots of physical participation in order that applicants can fully understand the physical effects and benefits of this training system.
** To learn rehabilitation methods using DMS, this is covered on the Movement Re-Patterning for Rehabilitation course
- Understand the research behind DMS Upper Body
- Understand the theory of movement re-education, development of gross motor skills & training the nervous system
- Understand the current problems with movement in adults and children
- Gain an understanding of dominant & non-dominant development
- Demonstrate and coach DMS Upper Body Fundamental Movements
- Observe, correct and test movement inefficiencies
- Lead a coaching session for individuals