Running Analysis, Functional Movement Analysis & Running Re-Education
Learn the invaluable skill of analysing running biomechanics and identifying inefficient running patterns that can lead to injury. This course will teach you the practitioner, how to identify movement patterns in running that contribute to injury and inefficiency, rather than relying on software. Once you can identify the issues, you will then learn coaching cues to enable you to re-educate basic running technique.
This is a very practical course which means that it will prepare you to use these skills immediately upon returning to your clinic or centre. Delegates will be analysed as case studies. You will learn, step-by-step, what movement patterns to look for. You will also learn the DMS Functional Movement Analysis for runners and non runners, to identify compensatory movement, single leg discrepancies, and muscle activation issues. You will then learn how to re-educate correct basic running technique using The Running School Movement Repatterning Method which has helped over 20,000 runners.
The focus of this course is not only on lower limb biomechanics but looks at full body biomechanics (from head to toe), which is often overlooked. Further, the day explores the most widely used interventions by practitioners and dispels some myths on the effect these have on rehabilitation and running efficiency. You will also consider case studies of both recreational and elite athletes and explore the interventions that were applied to make them more efficient and faster.
We will provide you with an overview of the evidence and the latest research behind changing running technique and movement patterns.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Identify inefficient or incorrect movement patterns while running through video analysis
- Identify inefficient or incorrect movement patterns using the DMS Functional Movement Analysis for runners
- Understand the basic causes of running injuries from a movement perspective
- Understand normal joint biomechanics and muscle activation during running
- Identify the problems with various running styles
- Understand how the brain is involved in running re-education
- Learn coaching cues and coaching methods to correct basic running technique
- Gain an insight into and receive advice on camera and software options for you to use in your practice