One Day of theory and practice.
Without doubt, one of the greatest concerns among today’s players and coaches in football is the long-term development of footballers and how to improve Speed and Power. This one-day Speed workshop combines the latest scientific evidence on developing movement patterns along with the practices and drills utilised by the top European teams for both the academy and senior teams. It will consist of a theory presentation followed by a number of practical coaching sessions and a question and answer session.
No matter what your starting point you can always get faster!
Speed and quickness are skills that can be taught and not just something you were born with. By using a number of specialised acceleration and deceleration training techniques and football specific conditioning protocols, which stimulate both the muscular and the nervous system. Athletes can improve their speed, agility, acceleration and power. These techniques have been used with academy and professional football teams in the UK and Europe with great success in injury prevention and football speed development.
Age groups – We will discuss what exercises are appropriate for youth players from 8 to 14 and developing teenagers, 15 to 17 as well as how to develop speed in pre-season, off-season and in-season.
- Theory Presentation
- Biomechanics of Football
- How do you Develop Speed?
- How to Develop Speed & Acceleration
- Explosiveness Training
- Quick Feet
- Long Term Player Development
- When & How to Train Young Players?
- How do the Professional Clubs Train?
- The Importance of Functional Movement
- Question & Answer Session
- Practical session
- What Points to Coach?
- What to Observe?
- How do you Correct Bad Technique?
- When and How to Put on a Speed Session?
- What Intensity to Train at?
- Biomechanical & Functional Movement Analysis
Football Coaching sessions on:
- Multi-Directional Quickness
- Multi-Directional Explosiveness
- Acceleration & Deceleration
- Dynamic Movement Skills- Quick Feet
- Plyometric Training
- Passing with Speed
- Speed of Thought
- Functional Biomechanics
- Training Drills from a Number of the Top European Teams
Attendees will receive a Handbook with all the information and Coaching sessions.