Benefits of The Movement for Seniors Programme
How the Movement for Seniors Programme works.
- Improves balance: challenges the brain and the body to move outside the centre of balance in a safe way.
- Improves stability: trains the proprioceptive system and increases the body’s awareness of its positioning and to correct faulty movements.
- Improves mobility: includes whole body movements that counteract flexion patterns caused by extended sitting and lack of movement
- Improves brain function: uses cross lateral movements which increase blood flow in all parts of the brain and synaptic connections in the brain.
- Improves quality of movement patterns: Through carefully designed movements and repetition, this programme helps participants regain full movement throughout their bodies (re-establishing movement patterns in the neuromuscular system) or simply improving and extending their existing movement patterns.